Yesterday morning, the girls and I set out before 6am to drive up Emigration Canyon and then run home. It was my 3rd time doing this run, and I really love it. Running down the canyon works your muscles in a totally different way than running around town, and we always seem to average faster miles than other times... with gravity working for us of course. Yesterday was no different, it was our fastest run so far this year, even though most of it looked like this.
Thanks to Daylight Savings Time coming early this year, we ran most of the canyon in partial darkness except for the really bright and almost full moon. It was beautiful and made the run go by really quickly.We did have a little bit of excitement after we left the canyon and the sun was coming up... Thanks to the general disrepair of the sidewalk that we were running on, Jessi took a fall while trying to navigate the many holes. Her pants and a glove have now been sacrificed to the cause of the Half Marathon. Luckily, Alisa was prepared with band aids, though they didn't stay on long, and pretty quickly the knee of her pants was quite bloody too. Somehow she finished out the last 2.5 miles with a smile.



She definitely gets the Toughness award for this week. I made her take a picture with her sad face on, since we all know what look we get from most of the people that come to us with skinned knees. She was even too tough to complain about what must have been a painful annoyance for her.

2 comments:
I am so impressed. I want to run another half marathon, but I'm lacking motivation. Getting a running group together is an awesome idea! Too bad we're movin down to Provo or else I'd try to weasle my way into the group for your next race :)
So sad. I had no idea I missed out on all the excitement. By the way my quads are feeling it today.
Post a Comment