Henry had a great first day of Kindergarten. He is much more brave than his mom. He was very ready to start school this year and is even a little sad that he is only there half of the day and doesn't get to have lunch at school. I know that day will be here before we know it.
He was so brave in his first day at a new school in a new neighborhood and was determined to make a new friend. He met several on that day and has been enjoying school ever since.
I had a very sad moment when all of the changes that we have made came sneaking up on me- Henry's teacher had the parents come into get their kids settled into class and then see them off. When they were all sitting on the rug, she asked if any of them were feeling nervous or scared. Lots of them raised their hands tenatively. Then she said that she thought that a lot of the parents also looked a bit nervous and scared. She told the kids to look at their moms and dads and wave goodbye. Henry looked over at me, and he just looked so scared and so small sitting on the colored rug with all of the little kids. It was the first minute that it dawned on me that I was leaving him alone in a strange place in a crowd of people that he had never even laid eyes on before. Luckily he is much braver than his mom, and luckily I had brought some sunglasses with me so that I could appear as tough as he is. I am so grateful that he has made such a good transition.


1 comment:
I'm glad the transition has gone well for him. He looks so grown up! I never thought I would be a mom who teared up at milestones like this but your post made me rethink that!
Post a Comment