2/13/11

Porch Picnic in February

For some strange reason temps in the greater Salt Lake area neared 60 degrees today. The boys and I celebrated by having a porch picnic after church. We even wore our flip-flops and they wore shorts. It was fabulous to sit in the sun in our little windless paradise. We even got to chat a bit with a few neighbors, just like spring time. The grass was still wet and the shady areas still have snow, but we'll take what we can get around here. A day like today might just help me keep my sanity for a little longer... maybe.
We spent a little time making some great things out of play-doh (thanks Julie Issacson!). Henry is sporting his "Paris hat." And Gavin was working hard on his duck-billed platypus.
Wyatt and Dad missed out on our picnic fun, but they enjoyed plenty of harassing when they woke up and got home.

3 comments:

Brennan and Rachel said...

Wow, 60 degrees?! I'm jealous! I wouldn't mind a February picnic. Looks like fun.

weese said...

You are WAY too nice to your kids. I hurry and feed mine a sandwich or leftovers so I can take my Sunday afternoon nap in peace. My kids don't even know mom's don't take Sunday naps...which is awesome.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

i love it!
why oh why did the snow
have to come back and ruin our
lives?