Well, today was a big day for us. My little Gavin has now permanently left the nursery at church and moved on to older and more mature things... Sunbeams. This is the first class in Primary (the Sunday school for little kids) and the class that you start in the year that you are turning 4. What a big day it was. Gavin has been looking forward to this for months, and longing to be in Primary with his friend Lexi, who turned 4 last year. It was just yesterday that we told him that his new class would be called Sunbeams, and he was super excited to be able to sing the Sunbeam song, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." This song is a kid favorite because at some point long ago someone decided that it would be very rowdy and super fun to shout out "BEAM" and jump out of their chair every time that it comes up in the song. And while Gavin loves things that are both rowdy and fun, he is feeling quite at home in his new class.
My only concern today was that nursery has snacks and Sunbeams do not, and church overlaps lunch time. Luckily I gave him plenty of things to eat this morning and he seemed to make it through just fine.
My only concern today was that nursery has snacks and Sunbeams do not, and church overlaps lunch time. Luckily I gave him plenty of things to eat this morning and he seemed to make it through just fine.


2 comments:
I can't believe those two are already in Primary!!! I remember when they were just little starting nursery...
ok...we REALLY need to get together...when??
PS I love your new floors!
Post a Comment