10/15/08

Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim

Last weekend, Caleb left us for two days to drive to the Grand Canyon, hike from the South Rim to the North Rim (23 miles) and drive back home. We missed him a lot! But as he left on Friday morning Gavin said, "I sure hope Dad has fun." And I think he did. He went along with his brother- Nathan and his good friend- Nick, as well as Nick's brother-in-law. Caleb was able to finish the hike in a bit less than 10 hours, and while he was sore afterward, he was still able to walk around without much limping and tell the tale. He also impressed me with some really great photography.
Here is my handsome husband in a really beautiful place.
This was the night before, you can tell because their smiles are still pretty big.
Crossing the Colorado River.
This is a shot of Nathan on the climb out... he is that tiny guy.
Finally done... Great job guys. Now that is an endurance challenge.

The boys and I can't wait for Caleb to take us back to the Grand Canyon, but we probably won't go to do a hike like that.

2 comments:

The Wiseman Life said...

You are always up to fun!!!

Carolyn said...

It was fun seeing the pictures are reading about the adventure on both your's and Sis. Berger's blogs. Maybe I'll start frequenting. Except then I feel like I'll never have an excuse to actually talk to you. And I would so like to get to know you and your darling family better. What do you think? Is lurking the beginning of a friendship or is it just awkward?