9/11/08

The Things I find Peculiar about Me

I have been tagged... by McCall... now you can all see how lame I am...

6 Peculiar Things About Me

1. As a little kid I was super shy. In the first grade my teacher, Mrs. Nash (pronounced Mrs. Naaash in west Texas), told my parents that I was the "sweetest, quiet little girl." I don't remember being afraid to talk, but just that I didn't. I guess I outgrew that one... no one in high school believed that story about me.

2. One of my biggest pet peeves is a messed up rug. I hate when the bathroom mat is wrinkled or turned up on the corner and someone is just standing on it like they don't even notice. Its even worse for a kitchen or living room rug, just more than I can handle.

3. I laugh out loud at the Daily Show (with Jon Stewart). Caleb always thinks this is funny since I don't laugh out loud at TV often and he always does, but since upgrading our cable, I have watched this show often and I just can't help myself. I think that we should all be able to make fun of ourselves more often and I love to see politicians be able to take a joke, or make one. I find Jon Stewart quite enlightening.

4. I am an extremely picky eater. There are entire food groups that I won't even touch. As I have gotten older, I will try things at least once, but sometimes end up spitting them out.

5. I hate toothpaste, and Caleb says it is peculiar that I get my toothbrush wet before I put toothpaste on it. When we got married a single friend asked me if there were things about Caleb that surprised me, and I said, "Yeah, he brushes his teeth with cold water." She and he boyfriend then asked what water I used to brush my teeth and it turned out that I was the weirdo. I somehow manage to use toothpaste as much and I hate it, but sometimes it makes me gag so much that I puke, especially when I am pregnant.

6. I repeat myself a lot lately because sometimes my thoughts are so loud in my head that I can't always be sure whether or not I said something out loud or just thought it. My sister and Caleb often have to hear me say, "Did I already say that or just think it?" Does that mean I'm going nuts? Not sure, maybe I just don't have enough quiet time for my thoughts to be heard right now.

I tag Heidi, Jamie and Michi because I am dying to see if I would have picked any of the same ones that you do. :-)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Did you tag me Michi or do you know another one? Dang, now I have to pick 6 peculiar things out of my long list? Don't worry, I'm sure Lauritz will be able to come up with 6 good ones. :o)

The Halbaschs said...

I love it!! The toothepaste thing is great. I repeat myself often. Does that make us crazy that we can't differntiate between what our thought are and what we are saying? Oh well.

Willardsen Family said...

So I have to say that I use hot water to brush my teeth. I also wet my toothbrush before I add the toothpaste. All of that makes much more sense to me. Doesn't hot water clean better than cold?

hawsfam said...

I wet my toothbrush before brushing, too, but I usually use cold (because it's cheaper than hot...how lame am I?). I love the daily show, too. I love when politicians can laugh at themselves, which is why I love Bob Dole (did you see those pepsi commercials after he lost the presidential race? hilarious).

mccall said...

Whoever doesn't get their toothbrush wet before brushing is the weirdo. Now that I think about it, I use hot water too. Mostly because I'm holding my toothbrush with my right hand, so I have to turn on the water with my left hand - which is the hot water. It just makes sense...