6/18/08

Happy Father's Day and... the Countdown to 30 is here...

Sunday was my 29th birthday and Father's Day. This is the first time since we have had kids that I shared by birthday with Father's Day. It was really nice. It made the birthday more fun to be focused on trying to make Caleb's day nice as well. And Gavin felt like it was a big party where everyone got presents. It was also nice that both happened on a Sunday, and that Caleb's morning meetings were cancelled. We really didn't know what to do with all of the extra pre-church time and help. We ended up giving Caleb a haircut, which I hadn't had time to do with the busy week that preceded Sunday. Really the nicest thing was just deciding that we weren't going to try and do anything complex and have a quiet day.
In the morning Caleb gave me some really great flowers, including 5 really large amazing sunflowers. I hope that I can get these to grow in my garden this year.
For dinner we tried out a new thing we have discovered... grilled pizza. We just have a small grill, so our pizzas weren't huge. It was amazing though, and they cook pretty quickly. I think this is going to become on of my favorite summertime meals. It tastes a lot like brick oven pizza, but I don't need a brick oven to make it.
Here's Caleb working on cooking some of the dough. You slightly cook one side and then flip it over and add the toppings and cook the other side a little more. Mmmmm.
Here we are getting ready to enjoy it.
I got these tulips for my birthday as well, Gavin was pretty proud of them.

It was a super great day, and now I am knocking on the door to 30... oh my.

4 comments:

Willardsen Family said...

Okay, enough with 30. It really does breeze by so fast that you don't even notice it.
My question with the shared birthday and father's day is who had to get the kids ready for church? That's one of my best gifts to get and give.

hawsfam said...

Happy Birthday! My 29th was on Monday so I have shared birthday with Father's day many times (with Trevor and my dad). Both of us were sick, though, so it wasn't a very special day for either of us:(

Dan and Zibbey Ellison said...

Marci.... I LOVE the sunflowers! I hope you do get them to grow in your garden. You're boys are so cute, great haircut for Gavin. Glad you had a great birthday and Caleb a great Father's Day

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture of the sunflower. And we have the same highchair (love it). You guys have such a cute family!